Your furnace needs regular inspections and safety checks every year to keep it in good shape.
Dr HVAC’s furnace experts will perform a tune up and ensure that your heating system is operating safely and efficiently.
WHY FURNACE TUNE UPS MAKE SENSE
A furnace is like any other machine: it experiences wear and tear over time. No matter how reliable your furnace is, it makes financial sense to have an expert give it an annual check up: for example, when you turn your furnace on for the first time each year. Here are just some of the benefits you’ll get.
You’ll Save Money On Energy
Regular maintenance helps your furnace operate at peak energy efficiency. You’ll use less natural gas, and pay less on your monthly bills. Over time, the savings can really add up, especially during colder winters.
You’ll Help Your Furnace Last Longer
Furnace manufacturers recommend that you have your heating equipment services regularly in order to get the longest possible lifespan from your furnace. It means you’ll replace your furnace less often, which saves money.
You’ll Catch Small Issues Before They Turn Into Big Expensive Ones
Furnaces are complex machines made up of many parts, all working together like links in a chain. If one part isn’t performing as it should be, it can put strain on other parts further down the line. This could potentially lead to larger system-wide failures that are more expensive to fix.
You’ll Help Prevent Sudden Breakdowns
No one wants to experience a furnace breakdown in winter. If it’s very cold, a furnace breakdown can lead to frozen water pipes and even burst pipes and water damage in your home. With regular servicing, there are more chances to catch issues that can lead to failure.
Peace Of Mind
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a natural by-product of the combustion process. In normal circumstances, when your furnace is operating correctly, it goes up the flue and you never need to worry. While newer furnaces have many fail safes and are designed to break down rather than release CO, on older furnaces some problems could potentially lead to the escape of this dangerous gas into your home. Odorless and colourless, CO has been known to kill.
- Check blower motor amps
- Check inducer motor amps
- Blower capacitor value
- Measure temp rise
- Adjust gas pressure
- Check limit switches and mounts
- Check burner crossover ports
- Vacuum furnace area and burners
- Check for sufficient combustion air
- Clean combustion air vent screen
- Inspect heat exchanger
- Check hoses for cracks & wear
- Check pressure switch
- Check for proper flue rise
- Measure flue clearances
- Check flue pipe for leaks and rust
- Inspect PVC pipes for leaks, etc.
- Test gas connections for leaks
- Any flammables near furnace
- Check for proper ignition
- Run furnace in all stages
- Test gas shut off operation
- Check to see if carbon monoxide detector installed
- Perform flue gas analysis
- 1″ filter change/clean
- Show owner post operation of furnace
- Thermostat check
How Dr HVAC Provides Great Service
You’ll love how easy it is to get your furnace checked out by Dr HVAC.
- We arrive on time. We wouldn’t want to wait around – so why should you?
- Our technicians are licensed professionals, and friendly too. We hire great technicians who know what they’re doing. Your technicians will arrive at your door ready to work, wearing a Dr HVAC uniform (which includes a smile!). If you have any questions we’ll be happy to provide answers.
- You’ll know the full cost up front. We’ll let you know what the cost will be before we start the work. Our full inspection and service check is fixed-price. If any problems are found, we’ll explain the issues and provide the cost of all the options so you can decide. There are no hourly rates for labour or any other hidden fees.
- No pressure. Our technicians don’t earn a commission. That means there’s no upsell hassles.
We’re a small company with big expertise – and we still believe in old fashioned customer service. Click here to read customer reviews.