Your air conditioner should have regular tune ups and a safety inspection every year to ensure that your unit works efficiently and lasts as long as possible.
The professionals at Dr. HVAC can perform yearly air conditioner maintenance for your cooling system and ensure that it’s operating as it should be, and alert you to any parts that should be replaced. Our technicians will ensure that your air conditioner’s systems and drainage are all working correctly.
LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Book your air conditioner maintenance today and get 25% off!
Hurry – this offer expires May 31, 2019
WHY GET A TUNE UP?
Tune Up Benefits
Getting an expert like Dr. HVAC to check your air conditioner regularly really does pay off in the long run.
1. Increase Energy Efficiency and Save on Monthly Bills
Without regular air conditioner maintenance, your AC unit will not be as efficient as it could be otherwise. Tune ups to the evaporator and condenser coils and making fine adjustments to the settings will help ensure your unit works hard – but not harder than it needs to. This means your air conditioner isn’t wasting electricity, and you save money on your electrical bill.
2. Confirm Correct Drainage
As you may know, air conditioners also remove humidity from your home. This water needs to be collected and drained properly.
Your Dr HVAC technician will check that the drain trap and pan aren’t leaking water that could cause damage to your home.
3. Avoid Sudden Breakdowns
The last thing you want is for your air conditioner to break down on the hottest day of the year. Like with any complex machine, however, if one part isn’t working correctly it can cause problems for the rest of the system. By scheduling regular air conditioner maintenance, you can help ensure that these types of problems are caught while they are small, inexpensive to fix and before they stress the rest of the unit so much it becomes an emergency.
4. Extend the Working Life of Your AC and Save Money
A well-maintained air conditioner will last longer, and that means you are spending less to replace them over time.
All air conditioner manufacturers recommend yearly tune ups to ensure there aren’t any weak links in the chain and to help reduce the likelihood of a sudden breakdown when you need your cool air the most.
MORE ABOUT MAINTENANCE
Our Maintenance Inspections
A tune up appointment by Dr. HVAC includes a thorough inspection and safety check of over 20 items. Each point is evaluated as Good, OK or Bad, and everything is reviewed with you at the end. At that time your technician will advise you of any parts that should be replaced or any issues you should think about.
Your technician will check things like:
- Condenser fan condition
- Compressor condition
- Test for correct amperage and voltage in key parts
- Ensure valves and wire connections are snug
- Coil fins condition
- Correct drainage
- Refrigerant is not leaking
- Level placement of the condensing unit
- …and much more.
It’s a small investment in long term savings! Read reviews from our satisfied clients.
Home Owner Tips
Here are some more important suggestions that can help you ensure your cooling system is kept in great shape:
- Change or clean your ventilation system filters at least once every 3 months. Your filter is usually located near the blower compartment and is held in by clips. These filters are very important in maintaining the air quality of your home.
- Make sure that your air vents are clear of obstructions such as furniture, lint, dust or pet hair.
- Keep the area around the AC clear and do not store items against the housing. Ensure your landscaping is cut back enough so the unit doesn’t get clogged with fallen leaves and other debris.
Contact Dr. HVAC and set up an air conditioner maintenance checkup for your cooling system. If you would like more information, call us or check out our maintenance packages page.