Get Relief from Dry Winter Air
Ever wonder why you get more colds and flu in winter? It’s not just the freezing temperatures. Dry indoor air leaves our eyes, nose and throat parched, cracked and more vulnerable to viruses and bacteria. It’s also terrible for your hardwood floors and furnishings.
The good news is that there’s an easy fix. Dr HVAC carries a wide selection of Aprilaire humidifiers, and can help you find the right one for your home and budget. Specially designed to achieve the perfect level of humidity without adding too much moisture, Aprilaire has been a whole-home humidity technology leader since 1954, and they continue to make top equipment today.
Why Should I Invest in a Whole Home Humidifier Solution when Portables are Cheaper?
There are 3 big reasons:
- Better humidity throughout your home. Whole-home humidifiers give you better, more even humidity everywhere you go. With portables, you step out of the room and you’re back to desert conditions.
- Much less hassle and mess. Anyone who has used a portable knows what a pain it is to have to constantly refill the tank and clean up spilled water. A whole-home humidifier hooks up to your water supply.
- Nothing in the way. You have to look at a portable humidifier. A whole-home solution attaches to your furnace and is effectively invisible.
When you also consider that having a better humidity level can make most people more comfortable at a lower temperature, you can add “energy savings” to the list as well.
1. Will an Aprilaire make my home mouldy?
No. They are designed to shut down when the humidity reaches a maximum of 45% humidity (or a lower level you set). Mould does not grow in humidity levels of less than 60%. Please note that bathrooms can get more humid if not properly ventilated.
2. Will an Aprilaire humidifier get mouldy inside?
No. They are designed to prevent mould growth. They do not have standing water, and there is no “food” for them. Where a risk exists, parts are treated with an anti-microbial coating.
3. Will an Aprilaire humidifier cause my windows to steam up?
Any humidifier can cause condensation on windows if the outdoor temperature drops quickly and windows become colder. You may need to adjust your settings to compensate if you don’t have one of the automated models. Your Dr HVAC technician can teach you how to do this.
4. Will an Aprilaire humidifier interfere with my air cleaner, furnace or air conditioner?
No. All Aprilaire humidifiers are evaporative, not misting. That means water is a gas, not fine droplets. The gaseous water passes right through your other equipment without harming it.
Our Aprilaire Humidifiers
All Aprilaire humidifiers have a 5 year limited warranty on parts – but only when installed by a licensed heating and cooling contractor like Dr HVAC. They perform quietly and are easy to maintain, generally only needing simple media replacement once a year.
Aprilaire Model 400 Water Saving Humidifier
- Uses so little water that no drain is required, and there’s never any standing water.
- For homes up to 4,000 square feet.
- Delivers up to 0.70 gallons per hour
- Automatic or manual control.
Aprilaire Models 360 and 350 Large Non-Ducted Humidifier
- For homes up to 4,500 square feet (model 360) and 3,000 square feet (model 350).
- Delivers 0.50 gallons of moisture per hour.
- Requires access to hot water supply, electricity and drain.
- Manual control through humidistat in living area.
Life’s Too Short for Fast-Talking Sales Pitches
At Dr HVAC, we pride ourselves on our expertise and our no-pressure approach. We don’t like fast-talking salespeople who try to rush us, so we don’t do that to you either. Instead, we listen to you, teach you about the options, and give you the full price up front with all costs included. Then we let you decide. We love questions, and take the time to make sure you have the information you need to make a smart decision.
Life is too short to fill it with a lot of high-pressure sales tactics. We like what we do and we like taking an old-fashioned approach to serving our customers. Our customers like it too. Just to be sure we do things right, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.